GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BUILDING AGREEMENT
- CONTRACT DOCUMENTS _____________ The contract includes the agreement and its general conditions, the drawings, and the specifications. Two or more copies of each, as required, shall be signed by both parties and one signed copy of each retained by each party.
The intent of these documents is to include all labour, materials, appliances and services of every kind necessary for the proper execution of the work, and the terms and conditions of payment therefor.
The documents are to be considered as one, and whatever is called for by any one of the documents shall be as binding as if called for by all.
- SAMPLES _______ The contractor shall furnish for approval all samples of fittings and fixtures to be used in the proposed building as directed. The work shall be in accordance with approved samples.
- MATERIALS, APPLIANCES, EMPLOYEES _____ Except as otherwise noted, the contractor shall provide and pay for all materials, labour tools, water, power and other items necessary to complete the work.
Unless otherwise specified, all materials shall be new, and both workmanship and materials shall be of good quality.
All workmen and sub-contractors shall be skilled in their trades.
- ROYALTIES AND PATENTS _____ The contractor shall pay all royalties and licence fees. He shall defend all suits or claims for infringement of any patent rights and shall save the owner harmless from loss on account thereof.
- SURVEYS, PERMITS AND REGULATIONS ____The owner shall furnish an adequate survey of the property. The contractor shall obtain and pay for all permits necessary for the prosecution of the work. He shall comply with all laws and regulations bearing on the conduct of the work and shall notify the owner if the drawings and specifications are at variance therewith.
- PROTECTION OF WORK, PROPERTY AND PERSONS ____The contractor shall adequately protect the work, adjacent property and the public and shall be responsible for any damage or injury due to his act or neglect.