DWELLING-HOUSE CONTRACT, OWNER TO PAY FOR MATERIALS AND LABOUR
THIS AGREEMENT made this ________ day of __________.
________________________ (insert the name, address etc. of contractor) (hereinafter called ‘the Contractor’) of the ONE PART
_________________________ (insert the name, address etc. of owner) (hereinafter called ‘the Owner’) of the OTHER PART.
- That the Contractor agrees to perform all the work shown on the drawing and described in the specifications subject to changes shown in clause (4) entitled: “Specifications for residence for __________ (address) ____________ (city) _____________ (state),” prepared by _____________ Architect, and to do everything required by the general conditions of the contract, the specifications and the drawings.
- The contractor agrees that the work under this contract shall be substantially completed by ________ day of ______ 20____.
- The Owner agrees to pay the contractor, on satisfactory completion of the work, a fixed fee of Rs. ______________ (Rupees ________). It is understood that all material for the work is to be ordered in the Owner’s name and is to be paid for by the Owner, pay rolls to be met weekly by the Owner.
- The Contractor agrees that the entire cost of building (that is, material, labour and the contractor’s fixed fee of Rs.. exclusive of plumbing, heating, and electrical fixtures) will not exceed Rs. ___________ (Rupees _________), provided the Owner co-operates with the Contractor. (It is opinion of the Contractor that the cost will be approximately Rs _________).
- The Contract includes everything but plumbing, heating, and electric fixtures.
- The Contractor and the Owner agree that the general conditions of the contract, the specifications and the drawings, together with this agreement, form the contract, and that they are as fully a part of the contract as if hereto attached or herein repeated; and that the following is an exact enumeration of the specifications and drawings:
Specifications __________ sheets.
Drawings, __________ sheets.