Agreement between Advertiser and Advertising Agent
We hereby agree that all our advertising in newspapers and magazines shall be placed through you during one year from the date of your acceptance thereof and during each year thereafter until either you or we shall have given at least three months’ notice in writing to cancel this arrangement at the end of the then current year upon the following terms and conditions:
1. You are to secure for us the best terms you can make for our advertising in the various publications used and charge to our account at cost net.
2. It it understood between us that the prices paid to publishers for our advertisements shall be entirely confidential and that they will not be made known to another.
3. You are to serve us as best as you can in the preparation of advertisements, charging to our account any expenses that may be incurred for drawing, engraving or advertisement writing. You are to furnish needed electrotypes and the necessary wrapping or boxes, charging the cost of same to our account.
4. To the aggregate of the net charges for which provision is made as above, you are to add fifteen per cent (15%) for your service and profit.
5. Expenses incurred for the carriage of electrotypes and other advertising matter are to be charged to us at net cost to you, without the addition of commission.
6. It is further understood and agreed that in the event of the discontinuance of our advertising (with the consent of publishers) for any cause prior to the natural termination of contracts, the commission as provided hereinabove shall be charged upon the original contract prices and shall not be reduced because of discontinuance.
7. Payments to be made monthly as earned.