Contract for exhibition of advertisement in cinemas
This agreement is made on this____day of___20__ between (owner of cinema hall) of etc.(hereinafter called the owners) of the one part & (advertiser or advertising agent) of it (hereinafter called the advertisers) of the other part.
It is hereby agreed as follows:-
1. In consideration of the advertisers agreeing to pay the owner the charges hereinafter reserves the owners agrees to exhibit at their_____ cinema situate at_____cinema commercial displaying advertisement the copy of which ahs been duly approved and signed by the authorized representative of both the parties and shall form part of this agreement.
2. The exhibition of cinema commercial specified in this agreement shall be subject to the approval of any statutory authority who controls the previewing and censorship of cinema commercial and display.
3. The said cinema commercial shall be exhibited the same number of times as the main film is shown and as a constituent part of the programme exhibited in the same manner and the circumstances as the rest of the programme, during the prescribed period of exhibition not less than 15 minutes before each show of the principal film then being shown.
4. No exhibition shall be required to be made at the special children’s performances or other special or charity performances, not being the part of the principal film-show.
5. The exhibition of the cinema commercial shall cover a screen area of not less than____sq. metr.
6. In the event of a temporary charge in the type of entertainment provided in the cinema in which it has been agreed to be exhibited, the owners reserve the right to cancel their obligations under this contract in respect of such exhibition during the period of such change.
7. The advertisers shall pay for such exhibition of the cinema commercial the sum of Rs.__ (Rupees____) only per week and such payment shall be made in advance on the first day of every week.
8. If for any reason whatsoever the exhibition of the cinema commercial cannot be displayed, the said weekly payment shall be proportionate reduced according to each such failure, and no claim whatsoever by way of compensation shall be made by the advertisers in respect of such default or failure of the owners.
9. The cinema commercial shall be exhibited for a period of______ weeks commencing from Monday the ____day of_______
10. The advertisers will indemnify the owners against all actions, costs, claims and demands in respect of any infringement of copyright, trademark, patent or other rights whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the exhibition of the said cinema commercial and against all actions, costs, performers’ services used in the said cinema commercial.
11. Non-execution or delay in the execution of this agreement by the owners which may be due to war, fire, lock-out, or any other cause beyond the control of the owners. Shall not entitle the advertisers for compensation or otherwise, except the rebate or abatement as provided under clause No.8 hereof.
12. Either party shall have right to determine this agreement by giving to the other……weeks’ notice in writing by registered post to the last known-address.
13. If the advertisement shall become insolvent or shall fail to make the said weekly payment within seven days after the same shall from time to time fall due, it shall be lawful for the owners to determine this agreement and treat the same as cancelled without prejudice their rights to recover any sum then accrued due from the advertisers.
As witnesses etc.
[Signature of parties]