AGREEMENT TO SERVE AS AN ACTOR
This agreement entered into as of this (DATE) in the year 20___,
(Actor’s Name) ________________________________ (hereinafter “Actor”)
(THEATRICAL COMPANY) (Hereinafter “Company”) and its producer(s).
WHEREAS, Company is producing a stage presentation of (NAME OF PLAY) (“the Play”) at the (THEATRE NAME), and
WHEREAS, Company desires to employ Actor to provide such services to Company pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement:
- Services Provided. Actor agrees to accept positions as hired and to execute said role(s) as directed relative to the Play by Company and as established in production meetings, rehearsals, and strike. Rehearsals will commence on (DATE). [Details of the date and time for performances].
- Conflicts. Actor agrees to provide Company with notification prior to the commencement of rehearsals with regard to negotiated rehearsal conflicts that would prevent Actor from attending specified called rehearsals or meetings.
- Additional Rehearsal Calls/Production Meetings. Company agrees to provide Actor a minimum of [days] advanced notice in the event of the necessity to call a rehearsal at a time not previously designated.
- Violations of this agreement should be reported to the Production Manager who will bring it to the attention of the Artistic and Managing Directors. All claims will be investigated fully, and may include consequences up to the termination of this agreement or legal notification if warranted.
- Credit. Company agrees that Actor’s name will appear on primary publicity tools including but not limited to postcards and bookmarkers, and may appear in posters, lobby displays, and print advertisements. Company agrees that Actor’s biography will appear in the program. Actor agrees to provide Company with an electronic headshot and a (FILL IN NUMBER OF WORDS) word or less biography as requested and in compliance with Company standards for such.
- Personal Effects. Actor agrees that Company, (RENTAL SPACE NAME) are not liable for the security of Actor’s personal property or effects.
- Notice. All notices and other communications given by a party under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed given when mailed first class or delivered by hand to the party at its address. Notwithstanding and foregoing, schedule changes and relative notifications will be posted by Company at a designated location within the rehearsal space, theatre, and e-mail.
- Compensation. Company agrees that Actor will be paid a minimum of but not limited to (FILL IN AMOUNT) at the conclusion of the run of the Play .
- Dates of Agreement. Actor agrees to undertake agreed upon management duties for the Play commencing (DATE) through (DATE) and to execute agreed upon duties relative to the running of the Play: (Preview) (DATE) through (Strike) (DATE).
- Designated Tech Week and Strike. Load-in will commence (DATE). Actor agrees that tech week rehearsal calls are outside of the commonly designated rehearsal schedule, will be designated as called, and will include open ended calls as needed but not exceeding a [hour call]. Tech Weekend will be (DATE); Dress Rehearsal will be (DATE); invited dress rehearsals will be (DATE). Preview will take place on (DATE). Actor agrees to attend Strike, which will take place on (DATE ) at a time to be determined. These dates may be changed upon the mutual agreement of the production team, but must remain within the prescribed constraints dictated by (RENTAL SPACE NAME).
- Post Show Talk Backs and Receptions. Company agrees that Actor is not required to participate in or attend such, though may do so voluntarily.
- Rehearsal Space. Company agrees that the rehearsal space will be maintained in a clean condition and that bathrooms and adequate cooling/heat will be available.
- Additional Performances within Run. Company agrees that any potential additional performances will be at the democratic discretion of Actor in conjunction with the production team.
- Extension. Company agrees that any consideration of extension beyond the (DATE) closing will be discussed with Actor and mutually agreed upon in conjunction with the production team. It should be noted that any extension would necessitate a new venue.
- Absences, Understudies, and Covers. Actor agrees that should he/she be unable to execute any duties due to illness, Act of God, or disability, permanent or temporary replacement of Actor is at the discretion of Company. Actor agrees that all such notifications will be delivered to the Stage Manager within [hours] of rehearsal/performance. Actor acknowledges that no understudies will be used for this production.
- Budgets and Receipts. Actor may make personal purchases related to the play for agreed upon items for which Company will reimburse Actor. Actor agrees to manage all designated budgets responsibly and to confer with Company in the event that there is any possibility of overruns and prior to such an event. Actor agrees to provide Company by the conclusion of strike with all purchase or rental receipts and an itemized and annotated accounting of all expenditures. Actor agrees that no reimbursement will be forthcoming if Company is not provided a receipt. Actor agrees that all items purchased with Company funds become the property of the Company. Company agrees that all items borrowed or rented from Actor will be returned as contracted and replaced if not in contracted condition at the conclusion of the contract.
- Theatre Rental Space Regulations and Rules. Actor agrees to abide by all regulations and rules as posted and otherwise disseminated by (THEATRE RENTAL SPACE) staff and accepts all terms for fines regarding violations.
- Warranty. Actor warrants that he/she is not under contract (and will not execute a contract) that might infringe upon his/her ability to fulfil the terms of this agreement.
- Insurance. Company will maintain significant accident and liability insurance underwritten by (Insurance Company Name) for the protection of the cast and crew.
- Law Governing. This agreement shall in all respects be governed by Indian Laws applicable to contracts made and performed entirely within.
This Agreement constitutes the full, complete, and entire Agreement between Actor and Company and supersedes all prior understandings, agreements, or arrangements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
In Witness Whereof, the parties have executed this Agreement