Agreement between Owner of Premises for its use by a Film Company
THIS AGREEMENT is made at (City) this________ day of_______ 20_______
_________________, (hereinafter referred to as ‘the OWNER’) party of the FIRST PART,
[The Film/Television Company] (hereinafter named and referred to as ‘the RENTER’) party of the SECOND PART.
WHEREAS the owner is absolutely seized and possessed or otherwise well and sufficiently entitled to the premises at [Address] with a total area of [Premise Area] square feet.
AND WHEREAS at the request of the renter, the Owner has grant permission for the use of the premises for its use as a rehearsal room for a term of [Term in Months or Years] in the manner hereinafter appearing.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH
- In pursuance of the said agreement and in consideration of the rent hereby reserved and of the covenants, conditions and stipulations hereinafter contained and on the Renter’s part to be paid, observed and performed, THE OWNER HEREBY DEMISES UNTO THE RENTER ALL THAT the premises situated at [Property Address, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Pin Code] and hereinafter called as the premises, TOGETHER WITH ALL the fixtures and fitting therein, TOGETHER WITH the electrical installations and together with the right for the Renter, its employees, servants, agents, and persons authorized by the Owner to use the entrances, doorways, entrance hall, staircases, landings and passages in the premises for the purpose of ingress thereto, TO HOLD the premises unto the Renter for the period of [Term in Months or Years] only commencing from the [Start Date] and determined on [Signing Date] but determinable earlier as hereinafter provided PAYING thereof unto the Owner during the said term monthly rent of Rs. [Amount per Month] payable by the [Date of Monthly Payment] of each succeeding calendar month to which it relates.
- The lessee hereby covenants with the Owner as follows:
- To pay the rent as aforesaid on the days and in the manner aforesaid.
- To pay the electricity bills for the electricity consumed for lighting the premises and for operation of air conditioners, fans, computers and electrical appliances in the premises.
- Not to make any structural alterations into or upon the premises or make any alterations or additions to the external appearance or any part of the premises without the previous consent of the Owner in writing.
- To use the premises for rehearsal purposes of the Renter.
- Not to do or suffer to be done in or upon the premises or other parts of the said premise in common with other persons anything whatsoever, which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to or in any way interfere with the quite or comfort of the Owner and neighbours of the said premise.
- Not to place or keep or permit to be placed or kept on the premises any offensive, dangerous or highly inflammable or explosive material or any other article or things, which may constitute a danger, nuisance or annoyance to the premise or surrounding premises or the owners or neighbours thereof.
- Not to sub-let, transfer, assign or part with the possession of the demised premises or any part thereof.
- To permit the Owner, his servants, employees or agents duly authorized by him to enter into and upon the premises at all reasonable times for viewing the condition of the premises or doing such works or things as may be requisite or necessary for any repairs, alterations, servicing or improvements to the premises.
- To restore the Premises to the condition in which they were delivered, reasonable wear and tear excepted
- To replace all broken fittings and fixtures by equally good or better substitutes.
- To Owner doth hereby covenant with the Renter as follows:
- That on the Renter paying the rent on the due dates thereof and in the manner herein provided and observing and performing the convents, conditions and stipulations herein contained and on his part to be observed and performed, shall peaceably and quietly hold, possess and enjoy the premises during the term without any interruption, disturbance, claim and demand by the Owner or any person lawfully claiming under or trust for the Owner.
- To keep the interior, exterior of the premises, the drainage thereof in good and tenable repair and condition.
- To keep the entrance, doorways, entrance halls, staircases, lobbies and passages in the said premise leading to premises well and sufficiently cleaned and lighted at his own expense
- To pay rates, taxes, assessment, duties, cess, impositions, outgoings and burdens whatsoever payable to State or local or other authority, which may at any time or from time to time during the term hereby created be imposed or charged upon the premises.
- It is hereby agreed and declared that these presents are on the express condition, that if the rent or any part thereof payable in respect of the premises shall be in arrears for a period of [months] or by if the Renter shall omit to perform or observe any covenants or conditions on the Renter’s part herein contained, the Owner may re-enter upon the premises provided that the Owner has served a notice to the Renter and a period of [month] has elapsed after the issue of such notice, the Renter does not pay the rent or does not perform or observe the covenant or condition and thereupon this demise and all rights of the Renter hereunder shall determined.
- This Agreement shall be executed in duplicate. The original shall be retained by the Owner and the duplicate by the Renter.
IT IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREED BETWEEN THE PARTIES AS FOLLOWS:
- The renter shall be entitled to erect fittings, fixtures, wooden partitions, cabins or make any such additions or alterations, as may be necessary for its use by the renter; provided that the renter shall remove the said fittings, fixtures, wooden partitions, cabins, additions or alterations and restore the demised premises to the owner on the expiry of the term of sooner determination of the agreement in the same condition as existed before making such changes.
- If the owner fails to pay the taxes, charges, assessments payable by him, or fails to carry out the necessary repairs and other work which he has to carry out as provided herein, the renter may after [month] notice in writing, pay, discharge and carry out the same at its own cost and the renter may set off the same from the rent payable to the owner under these presents.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the owner has set its hands unto these presents and a duplicate hereof and the Renter has caused its common seal to be affixed hereunder and a duplicate hereof on the day, month and year first hereinabove written.
For Lessor, For Lessee, [Name] [Name]
[Address Line 1] [Address Line 1]
[Address Line 2] [Address Line 2]
[City, State, Pin Code] [City, State, Pin Code]
Witness 1: Witness 2: