ARTIST AGENT AGREEMENT
THIS ARTIST AGENT AGREEMENT is made and executed on this the _______ (Date) Day of _____________ (Month), ________ (Year)
____________________________, an individual, residing at _____________________________ (hereinafter referred to as Artist).
_________________________________ , a company registered in accordance with the laws of ___________________________________ having its registered office at ___________________________ represented by ______________________ (hereinafter referred to as the Agent) which expression shall unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include all persons deriving title under the Agent.
WHEREAS, the Artist is a person who is has proven his / her talents in the field of __________________________________________________________.
WHEREAS, the Artist desire to hire the services of an Agent in order to represent him / her and for the purposes of marketing certain rights as specified herein.
WHEREAS, the Agent is involved in the business or marketing and promotion and is capable of representing the Artist adequately,
WHEREAS, the Agent has offered its services to the Artist and Artist has expressed his/ her acceptance of this offer;
WHEREAS, based on the same this agreement is entered into between the Agent and the Artist.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, and other valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, and for the reasons set forth and in consideration of the covenants and promises of the parties hereto, parties agree as follows:
- EFFECTIVE DATE & TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT
- The effective date of this Agreement shall be _____ of __________, 20___ and all rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall be effective as of that date.
- This Agreement is valid and shall remain in full force and effect for a term of ____________ (Days / Months/ Years) starting from the effective date till ___________________________________ unless terminated prior to such date by either of the parties in accordance with Clause on termination specified herein.
- The Artist appoints the Agent as his / her representative by virtue of this Agreement;
- The Agent shall put in the best of his efforts , time and energy in representing the Artist;
- The Agent shall put in the best of his efforts in submitting the Artist’s works and attempt to secure the best deals for the Artist;
- The Agent shall further put in all his efforts to increase the worth / market value of the Artist;
- The Agent is further authorized by the Artist to represent him / her in the following areas:
- The Agent is further entrusted with the right to negotiate the terms of any assignment on behalf of the Artist, but the ultimate right of accepting or refusing any assignment vests with the Artist and is not vested with the Agent.
- AGENT SERVICES
- The Agent understands that he shall be entrusted with the samples of the Artist’s work in order to secure assignments and projects for the Artist.
- The Artist shall have all the rights over such samples and no right on the samples of work would be transferred in favor of the Agent by virtue of this Agreement.
- The samples so entrusted with the Agent must be returned to the Artist within a time period of ___________ days after termination of this Agreement.
- The Agent shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that such samples of work are well protected against any damage or loss and the Agent is to be held solely liable for any loss and damage so incurred so sustained by the samples of work due to any kind of negligence on the part of the Agent.
- The Agent further agrees and understands that the promotional expenses related to the promotion of Artist’ work shall be borne by the Agent and the Artist. The Agent shall be liable for _____ % and the Artist shall be liable for ____% of the promotional expenses.
- The Agent shall further bear the expenses related to: _________________________.
- Agent understands and agrees that he/she shall be entitled to Commission with regard to all the works which the Agent has secured for the Artist.
- The Agent’s Commission would be _______% of the total amount so secured for each work by the Agent during the term of this Agreement.
- The Commission amount would be calculated only after deducting the expenses if any incurred by the Artist with regard to performing the assignment or project , that is commission shall be payable on the fee after reducing the incurred expenses.
- The Agent is not entitled to any Commission with regard to any assignment or project which was rejected by the Artist.
- INVOICE AND PAYMENT OF THE INVOICE
- The Agent is responsible for sending an invoice to the Artist which would state in detail the amounts related to the work done and the commission amount so due.
- All payments so made to the Agent shall be invoiced.
- All payments which are covered under this Agreement shall be made within a period of _______ days.
- Any default in this regard would further attract a penalty and the payments due shall be accompanied with a fine calculated at the rate of ___ % per month.
- MAINTENANCE OF ACCOUNTS
- The Agent is responsible for maintaining records with regard to all the billings and is also responsible for sending copies of the invoice to the other party as and when rendered.
- As and when requested by the Artist, the Agent is further placed at an obligation to provide the account details which would specify the :
- Name of the Client
- Amount so paid by the Client
- Dates on which the amounts were paid
- Expenses incurred by the Artist
- Amount on which the commission is to be calculated
- Amounts Due
- Amounts Paid
- The Agent is further responsible for maintain the book of accounts and other related records at his/her place of business and shall allow the other party to inspect such records during the business hours of any business day after the other party gives a reasonable notice to the _______________ of ______ (days / hours) in this regard.
- The Agreement can be terminated by the Artist for Breach of any of the terms specified herein with a notice of _____________ days prior to such termination.
- On such termination the Agent shall cease to represent the Artist and the Artist’s work and shall return all the samples of the Artist’s work within a time period of ________ days of such termination.
- This Agreement may be terminated by either party with a written notice of _________ days to the other party.
- If the Artist procures an assignment from any clients whom the Agent had obtained prior to the termination of this Agreement, then the Artist is liable to pay the Agent his/ her Commission and such Commission is to be calculated in accordance with this Agreement.
- Such Commission shall be paid to the Agent only if the Artist procures the assignment within [months] of the termination of this Agreement and not otherwise.
This Agreement shall not be assigned by either of the parties hereto. It shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the successors, administrators, executors, or heirs of the Agent and Artist. Any purported or attempted assignment or other transfer or delegation in violation of this Section shall be null and void.
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PARTIES
Each party is an independent contractor of the other party. Nothing herein will constitute a Partnership between or joint venture by the parties, or constitute either party the Agent of the other.
Any notice to be given by one party to the other under, or in connection with this Agreement shall be in writing, signed by or on behalf of the party giving it, and addressed to the recipient or send through using the facilities of electronic mail or as a text message on their respective contact numbers.
- AMENDMENTS OR MODIFICATION
No modification of or amendment to this Agreement will be effective unless in writing signed by authorized representatives of both parties.
- NO WAIVERS
The rights and remedies of the parties to this Agreement are cumulative and not alternative. No waiver of any rights is to be charged against any party unless such waiver is in writing signed by an authorized representative of the party so charged. Neither the failure nor any delay by any party in exercising any right, power, or privilege under this “Agreement” will operate as a waiver of such right, power, or privilege, and no single or partial exercise of any such right, power, or privilege will preclude any other or further exercise of such right, power, or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power, or privilege.
If any provision of this “Agreement” is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of this “Agreement” will remain in full force and effect, and, if legally permitted, such offending provision will be replaced with an enforceable provision that as nearly as possible effects the “Party’s” intent.
- GOVERNING LAW & FORUM
The validity, construction, interpretation of this “Agreement” shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, superseding all previous Agreement pertaining to such subject matter, and may be modified only by an amendment executed in writing by the authorized officers of both parties hereto. All prior agreements, representations, warranties, statements, negotiations, understandings and undertakings are superseded hereby. Both parties hereto represent that they have read this Agreement, understand it, agree to be bound by all terms and conditions stated herein, and acknowledge receipt of a signed, true and exact copy of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement under seal as of the day
Name: _______________ Name: ________________
Address: _______________ Address: ______________