GENERAL APPRENTICESHIP DEED
THIS APPRENTICESHIP DEED made this _________ day of ____________, 20__, between __________, a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at ________________________ (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) of the ONE PART
Sh. ____________________________, s/o ____________________, r/o ________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as “the Apprentice”) of the OTHER PART;
- The apprentice has approached the Company to undergo training in the trade of ___________ and for that purpose to take him as apprentice.
- The company has agreed to take him as an apprentice on the terms and conditions hereinafter appearing;
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSESTH AS UNDER:
- Apprenticeship Period
The apprenticeship period shall commence from the date of this deed and shall continue for a period of ___________.
- Apprentice’s Covenants
The apprentice covenants as follows:
- a) That he will learn about the trade of _____________ conscientiously and diligently and endeavour to qualify himself as a professional ____________before the expiry of the period of training.
- b) That he will attend practical and instructional classes.
- c) That he will, during the apprenticeship period, receive a stipend of Rs. _________ per month and shall not demand any increase in the same, at any time, during the apprenticeship period.
- d) That he will work for _______ hours a day on a regular basis and will sign an attendance register when he comes to work as well as when he leaves.
- e) That he will obey and carry out all orders given to him by his superiors and maintain thorough discipline.
- f) That he will not, at the conclusion of his apprenticeship period, lay claim to appointment, in any position, in the Company.
- Covenants by the Company
The company covenants as follows:
- a) That the Company will arrange for the training of apprentice in such a manner that he shall, at the completion of his apprenticeship period, become proficient in the trade of _____________.
- b) That the Company shall ensure that a person who has the prescribed qualifications is placed in charge of the training of apprentice.
- c) That the Company shall provide adequate instructional staff, possessing such qualifications as may be prescribed for imparting practical and theoretical training and adequate facilities for trade test of apprentices.
- d) That the Company will pay to the apprentice a sum of Rs. ________ per month, without any raise or decrease in the sum, during the apprenticeship period.
- e) That the Company will not require the apprentice to work beyond _____ hours a day and will grant him a leave of _____ days in each of the year of the apprenticeship period.
- f) That the Company will not, at the conclusion of his apprenticeship period, force the apprentice to accept an employment, in any position, in the Company.
- Applicable laws
The rights and liabilities of the Apprentice and the Company shall, so far as it relates to anything which is not expressly provided herein, be governed by the provisions of the Apprentice Act, 1961 and the rules and regulations framed there under.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereunto have signed this deed this ______ day of _________, 20__.
- For and on behalf of the Company
- The Apprentice