AGREEMENT BETWEEN ARTIST OF MUSIC BAND AND PROMOTER
THIS AGREEMENT is made at (City) this________ day of_______ 20_______ by and between
WHEREAS, The Promoter wishes to engage the services of the Artist for a live performance at an event it is producing and,
WHEREAS, The Artist agrees to provide such services on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED BY ARTIST
The Artist is to perform at the event to be held on [Date] between (start time) and (end time) at [Location].
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED BY THE PROMOTER
- a) Promoter agrees to provide all entertainment at the Event other than Artist.
- b) Promoter agrees to provide a venue for the Event, all necessary permits and licenses to lawfully conduct the Event, including equipment for the operation of the Event and the performance by Artist.
- c) Promoter agrees to provide Artist hotel accommodations with a checkout time [If required], consisting of [room(s)] with 24 hour room service for a period of [days].
- e) Promoter agrees to provide transportation, car service for Artist to and from hotel and Event location. If Artist handles any transportation costs, Promoter agrees to promptly reimburse Artist for the reasonable costs of such transportation.
- f) Promoter agrees to provide a responsible, trusted driver to escort Artist to and from hotel, airport, venue, etc. as well as to assist her in the event of problems checking in hotel, getting in venue, boarding flight, etc.
- g) Driver is required to remain "on call" by way of cellular communication throughout the duration of Artist's stay, be in possession of a valid driver's license, hold current auto insurance on vehicle driven in amounts customary and reasonable and be in possession of detailed directions both to, from and including hotel, airport and Event location.
- COMPENSATION OF ARTIST
- a) Promoter shall pay Artist the sum of [amount] for the rendering of service(s) hereunder.
[Other conditions and mode of payment as per requirements]
- a) In the event that the Promoter cancels the Event with at least [days] prior notice from its scheduled Date and Time as detailed hereunder, no refund of any amount paid in advance to Artist shall be made and the balance of the monies due to Artist shall be waived.
- b) In the event that within [days] of the Event, as detailed hereunder, the Promoter cancels the Event or if the Event fails to happen for any reason including Act(s) of God and/or closure by any local, state Law the full amount due shall be payable to Artist.
- c) Notice of cancellation in advance shall be deemed received only upon direct voice contact between Artist and Promoter. In the event that this is not possible Promoter should notify Artist by written communication sent via overnight express delivery.
- d) It is hereby agreed and understood that should Artist fail to appear for reasons such as any Act of God, civil war, natural disaster or airline or other transportation problem over which Artist has no control, this Agreement still stands.
- INVOICING AND PROMOTIONS
- a) Artist shall be billed on all promotional materials as: [name and affiliations of Artist]
- b) Prior consent of Artist is required before use of Artist’s name or photograph on any promotional material.
- c) Promoter agrees to provide Artist with copies of all promotional material involved in Event, such as fliers, posters, advertisements, photographs, video and audio recordings, within one week of end of Event.
- EQUIPMENT PROVISIONS
Equipment shall be provided by the Promoter as follows: [Complete list for requirements of equipment for performance]
- a) Promoter indemnifies Artist from any liability arising from actions of the Event Promoter, or Promoter's officers, directors, shareholders, principals, employees or agents, or arising out of the Event itself.
- b) In the event that any legal action is brought against Artist as a result of the Event Promoter, or Promoter's officers, directors, shareholders, principals, employees or agents, or arising out of the Event itself, Promoter agrees to bear all costs associated in the defence of itself and Artist in such action(s).
- c) This Agreement may be changed only by mutual agreement of authorized representatives of the parties in writing. d) This Agreement and conduct pursuant thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of India. Any disputes between the parties as to the Agreement shall be litigated before a court in India and each party hereto consents and submits to the jurisdiction of such court over such dispute.
- d) In the event that Artist is advertised for event but is not sent deposit or proper travel arrangements to secure the booking have not been made, Promoter agrees that it is responsible for paying Artist the full amount of the deposit regardless of whether Artist is present at event.
- e) Promoter is required to ensure that the stage booth is kept locked at all times. Promoter is to ensure that no other person other that the Artist and/or Event technical staff are to enter stage booth area, at any time, before and/or during Artist's performance.
- f) Promoter is required to fulfil all of Artist's reasonable requests in regards to food and beverage needs and guest list privileges at the Event.
- g) The number of persons attending Event shall not affect the said terms and conditions contained herein.
- h) Nothing contained herein shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership or other form of joint enterprise between the parties.
- i) This Agreement may not be assigned, in whole or in part, by either party without the prior written approval of the other party to this Agreement. This Agreement shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- j) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date set forth above.