Declaration of transfer of fund for the foundation of a wakf for public religious and charitable purposes
I, founder of (addresses, etc.) being desirous of transferring, into the name of the A.B., the wakif the sum of Rs............ in order that income therefrom may be applied by the mutawalli appointed hereinafter to the
religious and charitable purposes hereinafter declared, do hereby declare that the said sum of Rs............is proposed to be transferred by me or on my behalf into the name of the said wakf, upon trust that the income to arise therefrom shall for ever thereafter be paid or remitted by the said wakif unto or in accordance with the direction of the mutawalli and his successor-inoffice of the wakf intended to be hereby created upon trust to be applied by the said mutwalli to the following purposes, namely:
(1) to help in deserving cases by providing funds to persons professing Islamic faith for the purpose of Haj pilgrimage ;
- to help and maintain the poor, destitute, infirm or physically handicapped Muslims ;
- to feed and offer alms to poor Muslims ;
- to the achievement of any other public religious and charitable purposes in furtherance of the Islamic religion.
2. The Mutawalli is authorised to accept subscriptions, donations, gifts or grants of any movable or immovable property from any person for the purpose and objects of the wakf and can acquire, purchase, convent or otherwise deal with any such property for the like purpose and object of the wakf.
3. The wakif above-named shall be entitled to appoint the mutawalli so long as he will survive and upon his death the mutawalli then holding the office shall be competent to nominate his successor in-office.
4. In the event of any vacancy in the office of a mutawalli that cannot be filled up by appointment or nomination in the manner aforesaid, such vacancy shall be filled up by the appointment to be made by the Civil Court of Competent Jurisdiction.
5. Each mutawalli whether appointed or nominated in the manner aforesaid shall exercise all such powers and be subject to all the duties and obligations and enjoy such privileges as are provided in the relevant statutes.
IN WITNESS, etc.
[Signature of the founder of wakf]