DEMAND NOTICE TO LANDLORD
Ref. No. _________
Under instructions from and on behalf of my client, ___________________, I have to address you as follows :
1. That the property bearing ___________________, is owned by you.
2. That in the said property, my client a monthly tenant occupying one room on the ground floor totally admeasuring about 200 sqft.
3. That the month of tenancy of my client is according to the English calendar, commencing on the first day in a month and ending on the last day of the same month.
4. That the monthly rent for the premises occupied by you is Rs. ___/ - inclusive of all other taxes and charges.
5. That my client says that the building in which the premises of my client are situated has become not only very old but also dilapidated, but it appears that you are not sincere in carrying out any repairs thereto.
6. That my client says that even though you are duty-bound as the landlord of the said premises to keep the premises in good condition and repair, you have completely failed to do so.
7. That it is a complaint of my client that there has been occasional cutoff in respect of electricity and water supply to my client, and sometimes you have been the author to withhold such essential supply or service.
8. That my client says that without any reason, you have recently increased the rate of monthly rent from Rs. _____/- to Rs. ______/-, and the same being in excess of standard rent is illegal, and you should, therefore, please realise and understand that you have no such right or authority to do so.
9. That in spite of the illegal and unauthorised increase made by you in the rate of the monthly rent, my client is ready and willing to pay you only standard rent, and you are hereby requested to get the same fixed.
10. That many a time, it has been experienced by my client that you are also not sincere in collecting the monthly rent in time, and if there be delay in that respect, my client shall never be liable for the same.
11. That in the circumstances, my client does hereby request and call upon you to comply with the demands hereby made by my client WITHIN THIRTY DAYS from the receipt of this notice, failing which my client will be constrained to take against you an appropriate legal action against you, which please note, and in that event, the total responsibility as to the costs and consequences of such action shall be that of yours, which please further note.