JOINT DEED BY THE NATURAL MOTHER AND ADOPTIVE FATHER
THIS DEED of adoption made on this _______________ day of ______________ between Sh._________, s/o ____________________,r/o ________________ (hereinafter called "the adoptive father") of one part
Smt. __________________widow of Late Sh ______________r/o _________________, (hereinafter called "the natural mother") of the other part.
1. The adoptive father has no issue, male or female, and having regard to his circumstances, he has no expectation of having any issue.
2. The adoptive father and his wife wish to adopt a child as their son/daughter.
3. The natural mother is a widow whose husband has died on_________ leaving three children, all sons.
4. The adoptive father, with the consent of his wife, has approached the natural mother for giving in adoption one of her son named _______(name of the child).
5. The natural mother has consented to her said son being given in adoption.
6. The ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties on the day of ____________.
7. The parties considered it expedient and necessary that a proper deed of adoption be executed as an authentic record of adoption.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSESETH AS FOLLOWS:
1. Declaration of Adoption
The parties hereto do hereby declare that the adoptive father has duly adopted the said child as his son from the day of _________ i.e. the day on which ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties.
2. Legal rights and liabilities of adopted son
The said son has been transferred to the family of adoptive father and shall have, from the date of adoption, all the legal rights and liabilities of an adopted son. Further, the said son shall cease to be a member of the family of his natural birth.
3. Maintenance, etc. of adopted son
The adoptive father shall be liable for the maintenance, education and other expenses of the adopted son and shall bear all such expenses in accordance with his status.
IN WITNESS WHERE OF, the parties hereunto have signed this deed this ______________day of _________.
THE ADOPTIVE FATHER
THE NATURAL MOTHER