Gift of building for specific purpose of running a public hospital—condition for revocation annexed to the gift
THIS DEED OF GIFT made the ________ day of __________
_________________________________________________ (insert the name, address, etc. of donor) (hereinafter called the doner) of the ONE PART
_______________________________________________ (insert the name Society registered) under the Society’s Registration Act ____________ (hereinafter called the society) of the OTHER PART.
WHEREAS the Society is conducting several charitable activities in the city of ____________ and is in need of a suitable building for a public hospital;
AND WHEREAS donor has on a request made by the Society agreed to transfer and convey his building more particularly described in the Schedule hereunder written (hereinafter referred to as “the said building”) to the said Society for the purpose aforesaid.
NOW THEREFORE THIS DEED WITNESSES as follows:
- In pursuance of the said agreement the Donor hereby transfers and conveys to the said Society ALL THAT the said building more particularly described in the Schedule hereunder written and hereinafter referred to as “the said building” hereto TO HOLD the same unto the Society absolutely and forever but subject to the condition that the said building will be used by the Society for the sole purpose of running a public hospital without any discrimination on the ground of caste, creed, race or religion.
- The Society hereby accepts the said gift and covenants with the Donor as follows:
- that it shall use the said building for the sole purpose and subject to the said condition stipulated herein by the Donor; ?
- that the Society shall not alienate, encumber or cause waste to the said building or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever; ?
- that if the Society shall decide to discontinue the said activity, or if it shall be found to use the said building or any part thereof for any other purpose than that for which the same is hereby gifted, or if it shall discriminate between the patients on the ground of caste, creed, race or religion, this gift shall be and become void automatically and the Society shall reconvey at its own cost the said building to the Donor or his heirs or successors absolutely and without any encumbrance, after removing all its articles, things and materials lying and being in the said buildings peaceably and without any let or hindrance. PRO- VIDED HOWEVER the Society cannot claim for any payment or compensation from the Donor for any additions or improvements made upon the said building by the Society. ?
- The value of the building is estimated at Rs._________ only, for the purpose of this gift.
THE SCHEDULE ABOVE REFERRED TO:
(Description of the building)
IN WITNESS WHEREOF etc.
[Signatures of both the parties]