Interlocutory directions as to pleadings and other matters
In the Matter of an Arbitration between [parties]
By consent [or upon hearing the solicitors for the parties] the following directions are hereby given and it is ordered:
- That there be pleadings in this arbitration as follows: Points of claim to be delivered within _____ days from this date. Points of defence (and counter claim if any) to be delivered within _____ days from delivery of the points of claim. Points of reply (and defence to counter claim if any) to be delivered within _____ days from delivery of the points of defence (and counter-claim).
- That after the close of pleadings the claimant and respondent do each within [ten] days deliver to the other a list of documents which are or have been in their possession or power relating to the matters in question in this arbitration and that inspection be given within [ten] days thereafter.
- That figures be agreed as figures if possible.
- That expert witnesses be limited to _____ on either side.
- That by consent the claimant’s solicitor will arrange for shorthand notes of the hearing to be taken and for one copy of such notes (or such part thereof as I may request) to be transcribed for my use and that the costs thereof shall be costs in the arbitration.
- That the claimant’s solicitors will arrange for the hiring of a suitable room for the hearing of the arbitration and that the costs thereof shall be costs in the arbitration.
- That the costs of this application be cost in the arbitration.
- That the date for the hearing shall be _____ [or shall stand over for the time being].
- Liberty to either party to apply.
Dated the ______ day of _______.
To [parties and their respective solicitors]
[Signature of arbitrator]