Assignment of arrears of rents
THIS DEED OF ASSIGNMENT is made the _______ day of _______.
______________________________________________________ [insert the name, address etc. of assignor] (hereinafter called the assignor of the one part),
__________________________________________________[ insert the name, address etc. of assignee] (hereinafter called the transferee) of the other part.
- The assignor is the owner subject only to the tenancies hereinafter stated of the property described in the first schedule hereto.
- The said property is under the leases and agreements for leases short particulars of which are set out in the second schedule hereto let to the tenants of such parts at the yearly rents stated in the said second schedule.
- The arrears of rent specified in the third schedule hereto are due and owing to the assignor.
- The transferee has agreed with the assignor to pay to the assignor the sum of Rs. _________ in consideration of the assignment of the said arrears of rent hereinafter contained.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSETH as follows:
- In consideration of the sum of Rs. ________ paid to the assignor by the transferee (the receipt whereof the assignor hereby acknowledges) the assignor as beneficial owner hereby assigns unto the transferee all those the said arrears of rent and sums of money specified in the third schedule hereto and all other (if any) the rents now due and owing under and by virtue of the tenancies set out in the second schedule hereto together with power for the transferee to sue for recover and give effectual discharges for the same in the name of the assignor or otherwise TO HOLD the said arrears of rent unto the transferee absolutely.
- The assignor hereby covenants with the transferee that the said arrears of rent are now owing under the said tenancies.
IN WITNESS, etc.
[Description of property]
[Particulars of tenancies]
[Particulars of arrears of rents]
[Signatures of assignor and assignee]