Free Legal Advice from Top Lawyers in India

Question :  While driving to college one morning, my friend got into an accident where a drunken tempo driver hit her two-wheeler and fell down, suffering from minor injuries. The owner of the temp, however, claims he is not responsible if the driver was drunk because he was not working that early in the morning. Whom should I claim the damages from for the damage done to the vehicle as well as the costs of minor injuries?

Subject :  From whom should the damages be claimed after an accident?
Answer By Lawyer :  First of all file a criminal complaint against the driver of the tempo for rash and negligence driving cause damage of vehicle and injuries to your friend. The police of concern police station send notice to the registered owner of the said tempo and asked to furnish details of driver who was driving the vehicle at the time of accident and produce vehicle in police station. Thereafter you can file a motor accident claim petition for compensation against the driver, owner and insurance company in motor accident claim tribunal. If route permit, fitness and driving licence found valid and effective then only insurance company will be liable to pay the compensation amount