The Uttarakhad High Court asked from the state government to inform when did the Char Dham Yatra is going to be opened and what also different phases of opening.
The Divisional Bench Comprising of Chief Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan and Justice Alok Kumar Verma persuaded the affidavit filed or present by Additional Secretary, Culture and Religious Affairs Department they specified that “frequent surprise visits by the Sub – Divisional Magistrate, Badkot, the Sub – Divisional Magistrate, Bhatwari and the Joint CEO of the Devasthanam Board are being carried out.”
However, the Court mentioned that the results of all these “surprise visits” had no where been stated or mentioned in the presented affidavit.”
The report which is presented by the Uttarakhand Government in that it was mentioned that the State Government also ensuring that every priest and other persons in Devasthanam bas been given the second dose of the Covid – 19 jabs, so that they will be secure from the havoc impact of Covid -19 pandemic.
Court comment on the following mentioned report of Government:
“However, when the second does was given? To how many persons the second does was administered? The relevant data is conspicuously missing from the affidavit.”
The court further put the questioned that at Char Dham Yathra it was claimed by the State Government that the direction were issued for the posting of medical staff, whether it was done or not which was claimed by the government? Or whether the appropriate medical staff has been put on work or not?
The State Government submitted that till July 22 of this year the Government decided not to take a risk to open the pilgrims visiting to Char Dham Yatra. The court said that whether to open the Char Dham Yatra for pilgrims after July 26, 2021 or not is still in the hand of the Uttarakhand Government.
After considering the fact mentioned hereinabove the aforementioned Court issued the following directions:
1. The Secretary, Tourism shall file a accurate or clear report with proof the decision of the State Government regarding the opening of the Char Dham Yathra for pilgrims.
2. Further they have to inform the Court on time with regard to the different phases in which the Char Dham Yatra is going to be open.
3. They also further inform to the Court about the planning or prepration og the State Government to ensure that the Standard operating procedure which is set up by the Central and the State Government are strictly followed by the Char Dham Yatari or not.
4. He should also further inform the court with regard to the number of person employed for ensuring that SOPs issued by the Central and the State Government are duly complied with it or not.
5. Even though he also informs the Court about the sanitization of the sixteen kilometers trek at the Kedarnath specific deity, the infrastructure facilities and equipment provided for such sanitization by the State Government.
The Court has called the report by the June 21, 2021 and the matter will be further put on hearing on June 23, 2021.